Saturday, May 17, 2008

I think I like crap...

So last night I'm home, solo...and I'm flipping through the channels looking for something to entertain me...

The Legend of Billie Jean was on Showtime...remember that one...with Helen Slater, Christian Slater, that guy from Back to School and Christine that nobody can ever remember his name and a young and very odd looking Yeardley Smith...remember? Terrible movie about a broken scooter, a girl with a butch haircut and her groupies fighting for $608 dollars--Fair is fair!!

Terrible flick...yet I got excited that this crap was on...I actually said outloud, by myself "score!"...watched it from start to finish and enjoyed ever sucky second of it. The only thing that doesn't suck about that movie is Pat Benatar's "Invincible"--still kicks a whole lotta ass, as does Pat.

Moving on...I realized that this is not the only sub par "entertainment" that I always feel compelled to watch...

Top Gun, Look Who's Talking, Friends Til the End (Shannon Doherty singing!!!...wow now that's crap), Cocktail (again with the Tom Cruise), Summer School, Footloose, Adventures in Babysitting, Sleeping with the Enemy, The Bedroom Window (Steve Gutenberg...I mean really???)....the list goes on and on...

I don't get it...every one of those films offends intelligence, humor, reality etc etc...but I HAVE TO WATCH THEM!!! There have been instances when two of these gems are on at the same time and I will either flip back and forth or I'll Tivo one to save for later...what the fuck??????

No comments: